The Cast Clinic (previously the Outpatient Department Clinic or OPD) is where we see patients in follow-up after surgery as well as patients treated non-surgically, but requiring repeat assessment (such as distal radius fractures).
We do not accept patients for referral to our Cast Clinic without direct communication with an orthopedic surgeon. If you have a patient with an acute injury not immediately requiring surgery or needing an urgent orthopedic consultation (within a week or so):
- Contact the orthopedic surgeon on call. He or she may request the patient follow up in Cast Clinic.
- You must then fax a referral letter to 403-986-7258.
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s contact number
- Presumptive diagnosis
- Any relevant imaging
- Name of the referring practitioner
- Name of the orthopedic surgeon accepting the referral
- Time frame for follow-up
- Cast Clinic Patient Handout.pdf
Your patient will then be contacted and will be given a date and time for follow-up.