Diabetic Foot Clinic
The Diabetic Foot Clinic is designed to allow for quick outpatient referrals for patients who have diabetic foot ulcers.
We accept ulcers at the level of the lateral malleolus and below the medial malleolus (no venous stasis ulcers). Also, patients who have large vessel (verus microvascular) disease are best served by Vascular consultation.
We aim to see patients within 7 days. We will contact the patient with an appointment. If the patient’s condition requires more urgent consultation, you must contact the Orthopedic Surgeon on call to make arrangements.
How to refer:
1. Fax referral to 403-986-7258
- Please indicate Diabetic Foot Clinic on the referral
- Diabetic Foot Referral Form.pdf
- Patient’s demographic information
- Referring practitioner
- Referral letter or Ambulatory Care Record
- If done, any relevant imaging