Hip and Knee Clinic
At the Hip and Knee Clinic we provide consultation for joint replacement surgery for patients suffering with severe osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis, or post-traumatic arthritis of the hip and knee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CENTRAL ALBERTA ORTHOPEDICS DOES NOT ACCEPT REFERRALS FOR HIP LABRAL TEARS. You will have to refer these patients to the appropriate practitioner in Calgary or Edmonton.
How to refer:
- We accept referral letters or the Alberta Health Services Hip and Knee Referral Form.
Hip and Knee Replacement Referral (PDF)
- If you send us a referral letter, please include:
- Affected joint
- Duration of symptoms
- Whether there is pain with motion or pain at rest as well
- Functional limitations, if any
- Level of independence
- Any walking aides
- Walking tolerance (number of blocks)
- Abnormal physical findings
- Previous orthopedic surgeries
- Significant medical conditions
- X-ray reports
- We DO NOT need an MRI for referral
- We do not need recent x-rays as we will obtain them at the office visit
- You may either send a referral to the next available surgeon or designate one.
- Fax to: 403-358-5808 or mail to: Suite 300, 4309 - 52 Ave, Red Deer, Alberta, T4N 6S4.
Referrals will be triaged by an orthopedic surgeon. We will send you and your patient a letter stating whether the referral has been accepted, and the approximate wait time.
We will contact your patient, when the time comes, with an appointment date and time.