Dr. Robert J.R. Perlau
T: 403-309-2001 ext 3180
wninkovich at caortho.ca
Dr. Perlau has a special interest in Medical Education and it is through his teaching the physicians of tomorrow that his commitment to improving patient care shines through.
Post Graduate Training:
- 1993-1994, Adult Joint Reconstructive Fellowship, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- 1991-1992, Wrist Fellowship in Rheumatoid and Trauma Reconstruction, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
- 1987-1991, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
- 1984-1986, Family Medicine Residency, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1984, Doctor of Medicine, with Distinction, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
Professional Memberships and Appointments:
- Chief of Surgery, Red Deer and Central Zone, 2010 – present
- Continuing Medical Education Chairman for the Department of Surgery, Red Deer and Central Zone, 1998 – present
- Education Coordinator for Orthopedics and Family Medicine Residents, Red Deer Regional Hospital Site, 2002 – present
- Recipient of the Professional Association of Resident Physicians for Alberta Clinical Teaching Award of Excellence, 2012-2013
- Perlau, Robert J. R., Shortcut to Orthopaedics: What's Common and What's Important for Canadian Students and Primary Care Physicians, Brush Education, 2015.